Sunday, April 22, 2012

About Me

Hello I am currently a junior in the Business and Economics degree program at the University of Central Florida. For part of my spring 2012 english class I was asked to express the knowledge I had gained throughout the semester to a larger audience. I chose to write a blog aimed at students like myself who wish to become part of the economic discourse community. The goal of this blog is to help people prepare for various difficulties that may be encountered when trying to enter the economics discourse community.

Growing up I spent a lot of time in an auto repair shop that my father owned, which helped make me into a logic based person that loves to find out what makes things tick. I would always be taking things apart to find out how they worked, and I believe that that interest is the core reason I am interested in economics. I used to believe that like an engine the various markets (parts) that made up an economy (engine) interacted in ways that were predictable and repetitive, and I was really interested in learning how something that happens in one part of the world could have a direct influence on an economy thousands of miles away.

With the education in economics I am receiving and the work I have done for my english class I am beginning to realize that even though people have created all the different systems that make up the economy such as markets, financial institutions, regulatory agencies, etc. the economy as a whole is not something that can be easily controlled. It is like a robot that was built and controlled by its creator but later as its artificial intelligence developed the robot reached a point where it became self-aware and was no longer under the control of its creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment